Oliver Fire Protection and Security is a successful, diversified, family-owned business serving the fire protection community since 1957. Oliver Fire Protection & Security has a well-distinguished history of fire protection and security in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Our core values respect our employees’ worth and contributions, emphasize teamwork, and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth. Sprinkler Designers are to produce quality life safety designs that meet or exceed customer and industry standards. New design trainees will enter into Oliver University which is an enriched curriculum taught by an industry leader who will train and educate new hires on proper sprinkler design, hydraulic calculations and code concepts.
Primary Objectives of Position:
• Develop fire protection sprinkler systems utilizing AutoCAD and HydraCAD with accuracy and attention to detail. These systems include wet, dry, pre-action, deluge and specialty systems,
• Review sold projects for clear understanding of scope of work and notify Project Manager and Estimator of any identified discrepancies prior to start of design work.
• Design systems that are within the scope of work as outlined in the sales contracts.
• Perform Hydraulic Calculations to ensure adequate water flow and pressures to operate the systems properly.
• Perform onsite surveys of new or existing buildings.
• Coordinate with project managers, sales teams, field and other trades throughout each project.
• Complete preliminary and AS Built engineering drawings and required documentation to include system(s) designs, calculations, submittals, operation manuals and other related documents as required for customer and AHJ.
• Submit designed plans to general contractors and AHJs for approval and obtain permits as required.
• List designed drawings materials and components through the HydraList program for submittals to our fabrication shop.
• Work with Permit Coordinator to submit drawings, documentation and competed applications for permitting to the proper municipalities and/or authorities. with the appropriate transmittal forms.
Education and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors’ degree preferred.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD or HydraCAD (preferred but not required)
• Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings a plus.
• Microsoft Office experience required
• Excellent communication skills required
• Ability to multitask successfully
• Must have a valid driver’s license & pass pre-employment drug screening & background checks
Oliver Fire Protection offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, and Comprehensive Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, and Profit-sharing program.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@oliverfps.com