Job ID #22-34
Become a trusted partner in life safety with a friendly, stable and growing company.
Oliver Fire Protection & Security strives to foster teamwork and mutual respect where challenge, friendship, personal support and pride makes our company a unique force in the fire protection & security industries.
Successful candidates for the Professional Engineer role will have the ability to use AutoCAD and REVIT for system layouts and must demonstrate exceptional spatial coordination for detailed production drawings. Confidence in managing multiple designers in order to meet tight deadlines is necessary. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a collaborative environment, is resourceful, and a self-starter.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an Accredited Institution
• Current PE registration in PA, NJ & DE, highly preferred
• Management experience preferred
• History of working on commercial, healthcare, retail, and mission critical facilities
• Proficient in REVIT and the latest version of AutoCAD
• Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
• Development of initial Fire Protection system concepts
• Calculating Fire Protection Systems including the application of electric and engine driven fire pumps, wet systems, and dry systems, & standpipe systems
• Survey and evaluation of existing conditions
• 5+ years’ experience designing fire protection systems preferred
• Strong working knowledge of building and fire codes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on the ability to organize and present design information to clients and staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in developing relationships with staff and clients
• Knowledgeable of construction administration responsibilities including submittal review, RFI responses, performing site visits and writing field reports
*Pay scale based on experience, education & certifications.
*Must have a valid driver’s license & pass pre-employment drug screening & background checks
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@OliverFPS.com