Job ID #22-40
Oliver Fire Protection & Security strives to foster teamwork and mutual respect where challenge, friendship, personal support and pride makes our company a unique force in the fire protection & security industries.
Successful candidates for the role will have the ability to use AutoCAD for system layouts and must demonstrate exceptional spatial coordination for detailed production drawings. As a Fire Alarm Designer you are responsible to produce quality life safety designs that meet or exceed customer and industry standards.
Primary Objectives of Position:
- Design of the Fire Alarm/Security Alarm systems in CAD for shop and record drawings.
- Communicate with the customer and project managers for status updates of assigned jobs.
- Perform battery and voltage drop calculations on fire alarm systems.
- Produce submittals for permits and certifications. Filing, receipt, and coordinating field posting of permits for construction.
- Procurement of permits for jobs, when necessary.
- Support contract sales efforts by reviewing plans, specifications, and bids for technical accuracy and best practices.
- Participate in all job kick-off meetings, when requested.
- Maintain knowledge of latest materials and techniques of design and installation.
- Participate in industry organizations pertinent to the design or code requirements of alarm systems.
- Timely creation and submittal of O&M packages for completed projects.
- Participate in weekly engineering/design meetings.
- Timely creation and submission of RFI’s for projects assigned.
- Work with Permit Coordinator to submit drawings, documentation and competed applications for permitting to the proper municipalities and/or authorities. with the appropriate transmittal forms.
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD (preferred but not required)
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings a plus.
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Excellent communication skills required
- Ability to multitask successfully
- Must have a valid driver’s license & pass pre-employment drug screening & background checks
- Oliver Fire Protection offers a competitive compensation Salary package
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including;
- Profit sharing program (supplied 100% by the company)
*Must have a valid driver’s license & pass pre-employment drug screening & background checks
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
*Pay scale based on experience, education & certifications.